Pages

Thursday 15 May 2014

A whole new world, well a whole new me at least

I've been keeping very busy the last couple of days. I need distractions. I've decided that enough is enough and that I need to stop ignoring it and do something about my sugar addiction.

I don't use the term addiction lightly. I am not being flippant or glib. I have a huge issue with needing sugar to get through the hour let alone the day. On top of this I binge and secret eat. Not healthy, not clever and not anymore.

So without any real planning I stopped yesterday. I'm on a big health kick, cutting out all sugary things, so my carb intake will hit the floor and I'll probably end up loosing a few pounds. But while fitting into some smaller clothes will be nice this isn't about what I'm going to loose. I'm focusing on all the energy I'll have when I stop using sugar as a crutch. How awesome I'm going to feel when I don't have to beat myself up every time I reach the bottom of a sharing bag on my own. 

There are loads of ways of looking at what I'm gaining. I might go and list them now and hope that it stops me craving cake!




2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I embarked on a healthy eating kick some months ago. I'm not saying it has been easy but I admit (grudgingly!) that I feel much better when I don't have junk in my diet. I've been going to a personal trainer as well and have lost 10 kgs, which is good obviously. However I do crave those 'bad carbs' at times (and I have given in to a cheeky bag of Hula Hoops!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10kg is brilliant. Well done you. I need to think about exercise too but going to get through the headaches and shakes first and wait till I start to find some extra energy. Considering starting running again the only small problem is that I HATE running!

      Delete